Thursday, August 7, 2014

Children and Essential Oils

         I didn't have my oils a week before I had the opportunity to use them on my little sisters. My sister Esther will come up to me when she's not feeling well or has a scrape and says "Sister, I need oils!" I highly recommend using oils with children and babies. Using essential oils with children and babies is easy and safe. Let's look at oil application, and a few oils that help your children ward off common sickness.
 Application: There are a couple really good ways to apply oils to babies and children that I want to mention here. The first is diffusing the oils. Since babies and children have young sensitive skin it might be gentler and more efficient to diffuse the oils they need rather then applying them topically. However, if they are really sick and you want to give a little extra push towards recovery, I recommend applying the oils to the soles of their feet as well as diffusing.The reason I suggest the soles of their feet is because the skin there is tougher, but that's also where the biggest pores in your body are and the oils can get into your system faster. So even as an adult applying oils to your feet is extremely beneficial.
       Colds and the flu are two of the most common  childhood sicknesses. Thankfully the oils overlap and do double duty on these to sicknesses. The oils to use are Lavender, Lemon, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Thieves, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile and Clove. Some of these oils would be best diffused because they are slightly abrasive and a little to strong for young skin.
       "Littles" are always getting scrapes and bruises.  Thankfully again there is one list of oils for these two ailments as well. These oils can applied topically since they are gentle. Lavender, Frankincense and Peppermint are the best at soothing and healing cuts, scrapes and bruises.
          What better way to take care of children than with a safe, non-toxic natural alternative for all their little ailments, and even their bigger ailments. If you are interested in any of these oils or any of Young Living's other great products check out their website. If you like what you see and want to order, click on the member sign-up button at the top of the page. Then enter my member number in the sponsor and enroller number slots at the top of the form. (My member number is 1564241.) Also check out my Thoughts From Oakdale Facebook Page. I post all sorts of oil fun there like charts, fun facts, events I am hosting and much more! I am also on You Tube please subscribe to me there for all kinds of oil related videos. I am going to be hosting an online class on Facebook in September about how to stay healthy with oils during the school year so keep an eye open for that. 


Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment