Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chia Seeds

     I was realizing the other day that I had done 3 videos featuring chia seeds and 1 blog post about them on a different blog,  but I hadn't done one here. So here it is! Before we get started though I wanted to mention that I have moved my video channel from YouTube to Vimeo. All my past videos are there, so that they are easy to find in the future, and all new videos will be posted there instead. And I am hosting an online class next week on September 4th on Facebook, I hope you will join us.

     I first learned about chia seeds when I read a book for a Blogging for Books program. It sounded interesting because it was a fresh topic and it was related to health, which as you know is something that I am very interested in. They are high in fiber, omega-3, omega-6, Vitamins A, B, E, and D, zinc, sodium, magnesium, calcium and iron and much more. They also don't contain gluten. They are a quick and easy way to to help your body get what it needs. 
     Chia seeds are also extremely easy to add into your everyday life. You can eat them plain straight out of the bag, in salads, smoothies,  stir fries, drink them in water, the possibilities are endless! There are drinks that you can buy at the store that have chia seeds in them already. The recommended amount to eat is 2-3 tablespoons a day per person. With all the possible ways to eat them it is so easy to get that amount. 
     I hoped you enjoyed this blog post and that you will let me know in the comments below what you would like to read about in the future.

Soli Deo Gloria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment