Saturday, June 14, 2014

Natural Bug Bite and Sunburn Relief

       I have been at Joni camp all week, so this weeks post will be on the shorter side.  I will tell you more about my week here at camp in more detail next week.  
         With summer comes many a bug bite and sunburn. There will be some overlap from last weeks post, so bear with me. We will start with sunburn relief. The oils that help to relieve sunburn are Lavender and Peppermint. So if you are worried about getting bit by bugs at night, but if you got sunburned during the day, you can apply these oils and hit 2 birds with 1 stone! Isn't that exciting?
             For bug bites Lavender, Lemon,  Peppermint and Patchrouli essential oils. Sometimes an oil will not only help prevent the problem, but it also helps to relieve it as well. For those of you who will be camping with me, I will have my oils with me, so if you are feeling brave enough you can try out these oils.

        Another great natural bug bite and sunburn reliever is the Aloe Vera plant juice. It's really quite cool how it works. My mom used to have an Aloe Vera plant and all you have to do is break off one of the leaves and there's a gel like substance in the middle of it. You just squeeze the gel onto the area that has the bite or burn and rub it in.
      So how did you like the video I did last week? Let me know in the comments below.  If you are interested in any of these oils you can check them out at Young Living's website. Also check out the Facebook Page.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment