Thursday, June 5, 2014

Camping with Essential Oils

        I don't know how many of you like to go camping, but I sure do! I have been looking forward to camping for quite a few weeks now. The only part about camping that I could live without is the pesky bugs. This week I am going to share with you some oils that are great bug repellents. They smell way better then the bug repellents that you buy at the store, and they are better for you.  The oils that are going to be mentioned are in the Everyday Kit that comes with the Premium Starter Kit.
        The first oil we are going to look at is Lavender.  Amongst all the other things Lavender is good for it adds to it's list as being a bug repellent. It is a super oil! It can do most anything, it helps with burns, helps your body fight colds and much more. You definitely want Lavender in your oil first aid kit.
          Purification is a blend that is a great bug repellent. It includes Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaluca, Myrtle and Lavandin Essential Oils. Because of the Citronella it has a very distinct bug repellent smell.
           The next oil that we are going to talk about is Peppermint. Not only is Peppermint a great bug repellent, but it also relieves headaches,  and helps you focus. Plus you can taste it on your breathe within minutes  of applying it, which could be very beneficial when your camping.
           The last oil we will talk about today is Eucalyptus. This oil not only helps you keep the bugs away, but it helps your body fight colds, respiratory problems and with back pain. A fun fact about both Eucalyptus and Frankincense is that the cough syrup Vick's is based on these two oils, and it smells like them too.
          If you are interested in getting these oils for your summer endeavors go to Young Living's website.  If you decide to order, click on the member sign-up button at the top of the page and enter my member number in the sponsor and enroller slots. (My member number is 1564241.) Also check out my Facebook Page I will be posting some fun stuff, including a new video!
           I am super excited, because I get to go camping at the end of this month with my church, and I leave in a couple of days for Joni camp! I am definitely  bringing my oils along! Are you going camping this summer? Where at? Leave a comment below.
      
Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment