Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Time!

      Spring is here! I love all the flowers, the rain and the occasional sunny day. One of my favorite things about spring, is the sudden urge to thoroughly clean everything. Due to this urge to clean, I am going to share a couple natural cleaners with you guys.
I have been doing a lot of research on natural alternatives to various different products that are used on a daily basis, but contain a ton of chemicals. I have found some really good alternatives for laundry soap, all purpose cleaners, dryer sheets, and even hand soap.
       Young Living has essential oil infused cleaning products, that not only work great, but they smell amazing. The main essential oil that they use in their cleaning products is the blend Thieves. Thieves is a blend of Cinnamon, Clove, Rosemary, Lemon, and Eucalyptus essential oils. This particular blend is based on the legend of some thieves during the Black Plague. The story says that these thieves would put this blend of oils on themselves and then go loot the houses of the dead and dying of those who were suffering from the plague. When the authorities finally caught them, they let them go on an easier sentence in exchange for the recipe of this blend. Using  Young Living's Thieves infused cleaners kills germs both airborne and otherwise, more effectively then store bought cleaners. Plus they smell like Christmas! 
     If you already incorporate natural cleaners, but still use store bought laundry soap, I have found a   recipe that I have tried and I really like how it works. It uses 3 simple ingredients, Borax, Washing Soda and an organic bar of soap. This recipe works really well and its super simple. I have also made my own dryer balls out of 100% natural wool yarn.
What you do is you buy 100% wool yarn from your local craft store or farmers market. Then you start rolling the yarn into a ball until its the same size as a soft ball. Next you put it into the feet of nylons and wash and dry them until they are felted. You will then have dryer balls that you can use for a very, very long time.
       These are only a few of the ways that you can switch out the chemical laden cleaning products in your home. If you are interested in any of these products you can check them out at Young Living's website. If you decide to order while you are there click on the Member Sign-up button at the top of the page and enter my member # in the enroller # and sponsor # slots. (My # is 1564241.)
       The Essential Oil Infused Pillow Spray Part went really well last week. We had a lot of fun! I will be hosting more oil parties, so if you missed that one there are more to come. If you are interested in attending a party check out my Facebook page at Thoughts From Oakdale, where I will be posting more information about future parties.
      We only have 27% of the signatures that we need statewide, to be able to vote to end taxpayer funded abortions in Oregon. Please sign the petition, have all your friends and family sign it. This is such an important issue that we can't just let it go any longer. Go to the website and print off the petition, contact me and get petition sheets from me, or just sign one. We only have till May 11th, 2014 to get to our goal, so that we can vote on it in November. We can do it you guys.
     If you have any natural cleaning products or recipes that you like to use please share them with us! I would love to hear what you use.

Soli Deo GLoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment