Thursday, October 2, 2014

Almond Oil

       I  haven't had anyone ask me about almond oil yet, but I thought I better write a post about it. It's not an essential oil. It is included in some of the blends as a carrier oil, because of how abrasive some of the oils in that blend are. As some of you may remember Coconut Oil is another carrier oil. What you use carrier oils for is if an oil is to strong for your skin, simply add the same amount of drops of that EO to an equal part of the carrier oil. Almond oil does not have a very strong smell, so if you prefer something more mellow then Almond oil is for. Otherwise Coconut oil is better for you.
       Almond oil isn't bad for you, it just isn't as healthy as Coconut oil is. You can use Almond oil as a face moisturizer, you can cook with it, basically all the same things that you can do with Coconut oil you can do with Almond oil.
   So another almond product that I really like is Marzipan. It's so sweet though that a little will do for a very long time. Plus Marzipan is mentioned in one of my favorite Jane Austen Book/Movie. But that's not why I like it.
    Be sure to read my post about Coconut oil from a few months ago. I really enjoyed the  Essential Oils 101 Class yesterday! I really enjoyed the discussion that happened at the end. It was very awesome!

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment