Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trees!



      With Arbor Day this week I thought I would highlight a couple of oils that were specifically from trees. I wanted to make sure that Arbor Day wasn't some strange holiday, so I did a little research into it. It all started with a man named Morton, who went to the Nebraska Territory in 1854. At that time there was not enough trees in the area to provide a wind block to protect the crops nor enough trees to provide fuel. Morton loved trees and nature, and he had a lot of influence in his town. He used his passion and his influence to dedicate one whole day a year to planting trees in his community, and soon there was plenty of trees to go around. Before long it became a national and international holiday. I had a hard time deciding what oils to highlight for this article, but I decided on Idaho Blue Spruce Essential Oil, Pine Essential Oil and Balsam Fir Essential Oil.
         Idaho Blue Spruce Essential Oil relieves tension headaches, migraine headaches and relieves tense and sore muscles. The Idaho Blue Spruce is a native to, well, Idaho. It is a beautiful tree, it's pictured below.
        Pine Essential Oil is great for fighting bronchitis, arthritis, asthma, throat and lung infection, urinary tract infections and is a great bug repellent. Not only that but it smells great! Pine trees are pretty common so I won't post a picture of one.
                                                   
         The last oil we will look at today is Balsam Fir Essential Oil. It is a great defense against coughs and colds, sinus infections, bronchitis, asthma, inflammation and urinary tract infections.
I was curious about what a Balsam Fir Tree looked like and as soon as I pulled up a picture of one I recognized it immediately. It's your typical Christmas tree. It looks like a giant green pom pom.
      I have been attempting to grow my own trees this year, not intentionally for Arbor Day, but so far they have done really well. They are Oak Trees. I was doing yard work for someone and I found 2 acorns that had already started growing roots, but hadn't stuck in the ground yet so I took them home and have been growing them every since. It has been lot's of fun to watch them grow.
      If you are interested in any of these oils or in any of Young Living's other products check out their  website. If you like what you see and wish to order, click on the Member Sign-up button at the top of the page and enter my member number into the enrolled and sponsor # slots. (My number is 1564241.) This Saturday, April 26th at 2:30pm I am hosting a Soap Making with Essential Oils event. If you are interested in coming or would like to come to other events check out my Facebook Page for updates. 

      What's your favorite tree?

Soli Deo Gloria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment